Pastor Will said, "when troubles come along, see the good in them and accept them."
You're probably thinking what I thought, "what?" But as he explained it more it made sense.
We all have troubles and our troubles are all different. For example for me, one of my "troubles" is this breast cancer journey that has been going on for 7 months now. And yes, I AM cancer FREE but we still have more journey ahead of us. Although I am a positive person it has been difficult to stay positive all the time and I get overwhemed with the negativity of it but he reminded me to focus and reflect on the good. Since hearing his sermon I have done what God wants and see and accept the good in this journey and actually there are good things that have happened.
Just to name a few of the good we came up with:
- both my husband and I gave ourselves to Jesus and were baptized together at New Life Church.
- my husband and my relationship is so strong it cannot be broken. He is the most wonderful man any woman dreams of.
- we have changed our lifestyle and what we put not only inside our body but on the outside too. We still have more changes to make and discuss them everyday.
- I learned I have so many people who love me and support me. The friends/family/coworkers love for me fills my heart with happiness.
- through our endless hours of research, any of our family/friends will be ready to fight and beat cancer.
- my family for your support and I love you all.
- my nephew, Kyle, who made my blog page so I could share my journey and learning's with you all :).
- Whatever you do throughout this entire journey, I, being a husband to my wife with cancer, Never stop loving her no matter what!! Also if you don't have God in your life you better find God asap. God's the only shoulder strong enough to lean on!! Trust me you'll need someone strong close by 24/7.
We could go on and on and on.
So take some time to reflect on the good with your troubles to help you see why these troubles came to you. As we wrote ours down above we learned writing and thinking are so different. So grab a pen and paper and list them. There are learnings to be learned and changes to be made. These troubles make us stronger!!